Saturday, January 8, 2011

When I visited the Viewpoint this afternoon, it wasn't terribly cold, but it wasn't warm, either. The ground was sort of damp, as was the air, and although there were people there at the Viewpoint when I first got there, they didn't stay long, and then I had to wait a while before new ones filed through. I man showed up with two beautiful slay dogs and set them up on the metal blocks that are part of the park's design so that he could take their photos against the backdrop of the view. I could have taken a photo of him taking photos of his dogs, but I'd set my camera up in the opposite direction, so, instead, I waited to see if he would move that way. I find myself wondering whether I would place the man and his dogs any differently if I did a painting of the same subject. I'm not sure.

View with Man with Two Dogs, Jan. 8, 2011
Copyright © 2011 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment