Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Path and the Laurel

Today I re-did the path. I painted the benches out. It's hard to get them to sit right, especially since it appears I stretched out the space between the Sentinel and the Lovers, and one of the benches overlaps with this space. In reality the path varies in width from one end to the other. In a painting, representing it as it really makes it look like there's an error in perspective. I suppose if the benches were added, and they were done just right, this would help. But in any case, I fudged on the path a bit, too, so it would look more "correct." I spent a fairly long time on the laurel tree. I wasn't about to paint every leaf. I just made lots of blobs and lines in green, greenish white and brown to give more or less the right texture. I'm still not finished, but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment