Friday, December 18, 2009

Animated Feet

This evening, when I arrived at the Viewpoint, there was a lone figure under the laurel tree--someone wearing a gray hoody--probably male, I guessed. At the same time, I observed how wavering the curve of the Edge is, both vertically and horizontally. You think you know it, and then you realize you don't. I walked the length of the park and, passing the laurel, saw that there was a young woman on the other side of the person in the gray hoody. She was very animated. I can't remember exactly what she was wearing, but it but I do recall that it was an assortment of funky cold-weather clothes--sort of fleecy things with bold plaid patterns or something like that. What I remember best is how she gesticulated with her feet, as she sat there on the bench that encircles the tree, talking to the person in gray. At the south end of the park I saw a couple--a young man and woman just approaching the park from the opposite side of the street. I walked back. The entire time I was trying to remember the melody and words of Schubert's Der Atlas.

No comments:

Post a Comment