Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Again, no time to make it to the Viewpoint. I thought of it several times today, though. Something that keeps running through my mind is the winter flowering begonias that are in bloom in several gardens along the neighboring street. (Do I have the name right?) I've always found them a little improbable. I look at them and for some reason think, "Why this?" I don't mean they're a bad flower, or plant. On the contrary, they're very nice. But they somehow look like they came from far away, from someplace where there was no plan for them to end up in the Pacific Northwest, or for every fifth person to grow them in his or her rockery and admire them for the short time in early spring when they're in their prime. I'm not explaining this very well. I'll have to finish this thought another time, after further reflection.

Winter Blooming Begonia, Feb. 7, 2010
Copyright © 2010 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment