Sunday, February 28, 2010

According to page C10 Local of The Seattle Times, moonrise tonight was at 6:31 p.m. But thanks to the weather, all that's to be seen for the moment (it's about 7:30 now) is a faint streak of light--and I mean faint--a little above the eastern Horizon. I imagine the folks in Touchet are enjoying a beautiful big moon, but we'll have to wait. It was tempting to stay put at the Viewpoint and wait till the moon had risen up to a band of sky that appeared to be relatively clear. But I've waited before and been disappointed. It's sort of the same concept as the watched pot. It's like waiting for Godot. I know how it goes. Come 11:00 p.m., it'll look like there should never have been a problem. By that time, it'll be too late to get a shot of the moon together with the Viewpoint. Maybe things will work out better next month. In the meantime I have some paintings to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment