Sunday, August 23, 2009

Three Trees and the Effects of Perspective

There are essentially three trees defining the edge. One of these, as I've mentioned, has two trunks. Then there's a fourth tree just a little further to the east, actually on the property of the adjacent home. In addition, there are trees within the park, further in from the edge. And, of course, there are the trees that grow up from below the edge. But it's the three trees at the edge that fascinate me the most. To some people it might seem sort of out old hat, but I love the effects of perspective as I approach the Viewpoint from the north and then, entering the park, walk along the path to it's end on the southeast side. I'm intrigued by how, as I walk, the spaces between the three trees get smaller and smaller, to the point where these spaces disappear, and then reappear, in reverse, as I walk further.

No comments:

Post a Comment