Thursday, August 20, 2009

Unusual States of Mind

This evening I noticed a number of people at the Viewpoint, as I passed by. There was a lively group of teenagers on one of the benches, and under the laurel tree, someone was staring out into the distance. At the Viewpoint, people's emotional state is often different from what it would normally be. I'm not clear on why this is. Maybe it's because they're already in an unusual space before they go to the Viewpoint. But I think once they get there, it has some strange effect on their minds, in any case.

I've noticed so many people crying there, usually alone, that I can't count them all. And I've seen tightrope walkers, nude bicyclists, a church choir, and many, many lovers. People can become rather unpredictable at the Viewpoint. I've experienced this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment