Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Interesting Conversation


Approaching Couple, Sept. 20, 2009 
Copyright © 2009 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

I had an interesting conversation with a couple I met at the Viewpoint today. I had my tripod set up and was taking photos when they came walking along. We talked about quite a variety of things, including Wisconsin, Walla Walla, German and Scots Irish immigrants, ancestors, DNA testing and much more. As we spoke, I took photos of the view. Other than a few clouds, low on the horizon, it was very clear today, and quite warm. I noticed a number of sailboat on Union Bay.

 
The Bay Today, Sept. 20, 2009
Copyright © 2009 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

I took several photos of the "Lovers"--the oak tree with two trunks. I'm realizing all of a sudden that I'm not clear on whether this is actually just one tree, or two.

The Lovers, Sept. 20, 2009
Copyright © 2009 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

When I look at the view, my gaze returns repeatedly to the bay. I'm not sure why, but I love to follow around the edge with my eye.

A Second Look At the Bay, Sept. 20, 2009
Copyright © 2009 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved

I've met so many people at the Viewpoint over the years that I can't begin to remember them all. People are strangely open when they step into its space. They'll tell you all their problems, their life story--whatever comes into their minds. It's without question a strange, beautiful and transformative place--as is the park below.

No comments:

Post a Comment