Friday, September 4, 2009

Mostly Obscured

It was a bit muggy today, but not really very warm. In the evening, I went to the Viewpoint to look at the full moon. But by the time I got there, it was mostly obscured. All I could see of it was a couple bands of light in the cloud cover, which was a dull purple. A man was walking a short-haired, medium-sized white dog with some black markings on one side of its face. It stopped along the edge a few feet northwest of the Sentinel and several times rubbed its head and the front part of its body against the ground while elevating the back of its body. What a comical sight!

Another man was lying on his back on a bench, reading a book to the light of the lamps. I don't know how he could see what he was reading, because the light was coming from above, but he was staring upwards at his book. On another bench, there was a quart-sized plastic container of orange juice. I couldn't tell if it belonged to the reader, or if it had been abandoned. Husky Stadium was illuminated, but there was something even brighter, with a lot of lights, that looked like it was in Laurelhurst. As many years as I've looked at the view from the Viewpoint, I couldn't figure out what this was. Maybe it's a high school stadium somewhere. I'll look for it again by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment