Monday, September 7, 2009

Waning Moon

The moon has waned a bit since the other night, but with the clouds this evening, the scene at the Viewpoint was nevertheless spectacular. I took a couple pictures with my phone, but I don't know how much of an image I'll get on either of them, once I upload them. And to try to put in words such a complex and unfamiliar arrangement of light and dark and various subtle colors would be almost pointless. Let me just say that it was an image worthy of the most vivid dream.

There was no one else at the Viewpoint except for some teenagers in an SUV on the neighboring street, and they disappeared soon after I arrived.

The smell of sage was in the damp air. As I walked, I encountered a snail. How easily I could have accidentally crushed it under my foot! The word "hapless" crossed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment