Friday, September 11, 2009

Thirty-Two, Two and Four

 
Burning Bright
Copyright © 2009 Paul D. Natkin, All Rights Reserved
archival felt pen and watercolor on Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed paper; 4" x 6"

The main walkway at the Viewpoint consists of sections of concrete divided by wooden slats. There are thirty-two of these slats. The two smaller walkways at the south end of the park are also made up of sections of concrete divided by wooden slats. Of the two, the walkway that points a bit to the west, going out of the park, has two slats, while the walkway that points a bit to the east, going out of the park, has four slats.

I've mentioned the moon any number of times, but I've neglected a planet--the one I saw shining bright as could be as I looked south over the Viewpoint tonight. It's Jupiter, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment