Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Mountain Ash Tree and the Ceramicists of Rishtan

I stopped by the Viewoint just briefly today. Again, it was sunny there but overcast and windy on the bay. I thought I'd go again, a little later, to take some photos, but then it began raining in torrents. That doesn't always stop me, but today I'm not in the mood to get wet. I'll stay in until it clears up--if it clears up--and finish my Klatch drawing, which I didn't quite get done earlier today. Since morning I've been thinking about the ceramicists of Rishtan who were here this summer and their magnificent blue and turquoise pottery. Looking out the window, I see a gray house, which would almost match the sky in color, if the sky were a little darker or the house a little lighter. There's a tall mountain ash tree in the front yard of the house. The tree is laden with orange-red berries. When it's not so wet, the birds flock to it in great number.

No comments:

Post a Comment