Thursday, October 29, 2009

Before and After

Usually I go to the Viewpoint before writing about it. But this evening it will be just the opposite: I'm going to first write about it and then, after that, go there. That's a switch.

Sometimes it seems strange that we can rely on places to still be there when we set out for them. People are somewhat different in this respect. Sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're gone. How would it be if a place were suddenly gone. It does, of course, happen from time to time.

Now I can think of several places in Seattle that have gone through radical transformations--sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse...

I've been told that salmon used to come to spawn just down the hill from the east side Volunteer Park, near the cafe that for decades was a store. This is hard to fathom.

On top of this, an old man once told that decades ago, there were little deer living in Interlaken, and that they would come up from below to where the Viewpoint is. I hope my memory hasn't wandered too far off the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment